Since our scholarship program was initiated, Pegasus is proud to have awarded many scholarships for therapeutic riding to clients with different disabilities. The number of clients in need grows continually. These clients with financial need generally come from the following categories:
- Disabled children from low or fixed income families;
- Disabled children from single-parent families;
- Disabled children or adults with major traumas such as burns, head trauma, spinal cord injuries, or cancer. Disabilities such as these usually exhaust the patients’ medical coverage before the client reaches the rehabilitation stage;
- Families with more than one disabled family member. These could be a result of genetic diseases common to siblings or disabled parents with disabled children;
- Disabled adults on fixed incomes.
We are always seeking funds for our scholarship program. Contact Pegasus if you would like to assist us in funding a scholarship for a client in need of financial support.