Make a Donation
Your Donation Makes a Difference
Your gift to Pegasus Riding Academy directly supports our therapeutic riding programs and operations. Every gift — no matter the amount, no matter whether it is designated for rider scholarships, programs, the horses, or operating expenses — can make an impact on the lives of our riders and their families.
Are you donating to help Gus Retire?
On September 27, 2018 Pegasus TRA held a retirement party for Gus, one of our long-standing therapy horses. He has earned a wonderful retirement and will be going to live in Kentucky! If you would like to make a donation for Gus’ retirement (travel expenses, medications, feed or treats), please click on the secure paypal link on the page and in the ‘memo’ section, add Gus’ name. Head over to our facebook page to see the picture from the evening!
Are you donating for the 2018 Buy A Bale?
$10 buys a bale of hay for one of our horses. Which horse will be in the lead for the most bales of hay? We’ll be updating the page here: Check out our Buy A Bale Contest Page.
Please put BUY A BALE and the Horse’s name you are purchasing the bale of hay for in the MEMO section on paypal.
If you would like to increase your donation to help others participate in this event, please feel free!
You can donate securely online by clicking on the PayPal button.
Or you can make a check payable to Pegasus Therapeutic Riding Academy, Inc. and send it to:
Pegasus Therapeutic Riding Academy, Inc.
8297 Bustleton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19152
We thank you for considering a donation to support our programs!
Sponsor a Rider
All our riders receive a discounted rate, and some receive additional scholarship funding.
- Your gift of $2000 provides a scholarship for a rider with disabilities for one year
- Your gift of $1000 provides a scholarship for a rider with disabilities for two 12 week sessions
- Your gift of $500 provides a scholarship for a rider with disabilities for a 12 week session
Your donation helps us keep our lessons affordable to all who can benefit regardless of ability to pay. The majority of our riders come from low-income families, and many have a hard time paying for lessons. We are always looking for sponsors to help us provide scholarships for those who could not otherwise afford therapeutic riding lessons. If you would like to assist us in funding a scholarship for a rider in need, or if you have questions about sponsorship, please contact us at 215-742-150 or send us a message!
Sponsor a Horse
Champion Level $5,000
Your gift of $5,000 will help support the board and care of one therapy horse for one year.
Gold Level $2,500
Your gift of $2,500 will sponsor the feed and bedding of one therapy horse for one year.
Silver Level $1,000
Your gift of $1,000 will provide vaccinations for the entire herd for one year.
Bronze Level $500
Your gift of $500 will sponsor the adaptive riding tack & equipment for our therapeutic horses
Friend Level $100
Your gift of $100 will provide horse shoes for one of our therapy horses.
If you would like to sponsor a horse, or if you have questions about sponsorship, please contact us at 215-742-150 or send us a message!
Tribute and Memorial Gifts
Pegasus Therapeutic Riding Academy Tribute and Memorial Gift Program is the perfect way to honor a significant event in someone’s life or show them you are thinking about them at the time of their loss of a loved one, friend, colleague, or pet. Please contact us for more details by calling 215.742.1500 or sending us a message. When making your gift, please provide the name and contact information of whom to notify about your tribute or memorial gift. A lovely Pegasus note card will be sent acknowledging your contribution.
Donate an Item from Our Wish List
Items our horses need
- Body clippers
- Paste wormer (Ivermectin, Strongid, Panacur)
- Horse shampoo & conditioner
- Latex gloves
- Fly spray concentrate (Espree all natural only)
- Salt blocks
- Microtek and MTG
- Donations for leather repairs
- Fieblings hoof dressing
- Bars of glycerin soap (for leather)
Items we need for the office
- Fax machine
- Desktop Computers
- Heavy duty vacuum cleaner
- White all purpose paper for copier and printers
- 42 gallon trash bags
- Keurig coffee pods
- Large plastic storage containers
- Hand soap (Soft Soap liquid soap)
- Lysol spray disinfectant (for sanitizing helmets)
- Keurig coffee pods
- Gift cards from Staples, Office Max, BJ’s, WalMart, or Target are welcome!
Items we need to maintain the barn, arenas, and grounds
- Rubber outside water tubs
- Webbed stall guards & eye hooks to install stall guards
- Rubber ground feeding pan
- Cloth rainbow reins
- Snow shovels
- Duct tape
- Truck load of gravel for path to shavings shed
- Industrial size fans for barn aisle
- Small fans for individual stalls
- Hose nozzles with threaded ends for extensions
- Nitrogen for pasture application (not liquid)
- Grass seed: orchard grass, Kentucky bluegrass (forage variety), red clover
- New picnic tables
- Aluminum Park Benches
- Folding tables
- Security cameras for barn exterior
- New plow for Quad
- Structure roof for shavings area
- New windows for old barn
- Zero turn riding mower
- Snow blower
- Cordless tool set
- Snow plow for truck
- New gutters and leaf guards for house
- Commercial vinegar weed killer
- Insulated windows for house
- Sill clean top soil
- High reach lift
- Gas powered branch clipper
- Black top or gravel for the side of the old barn (parking)
- Gift cards from Lowes or Home Depot are welcome!
Pegasus Therapeutic Riding Academy, Inc. is a state and federally recognized non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS regulation 501(c)3. Donations are tax deductible according to the extent of the law. Our United Way number is 808929. Our CFC number for federal employees is 72514. Federal Tax Identification #23-2241291. The official registration & financial information of Pegasus Therapeutic Riding Academy, Inc. may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.